Our Church Family Missionary Prayer Requests
March 5, 2017
Our AWANA program. Wednesdays 6:30-8pm for kids age 3 through 8th grade.
Spring break–March 29th. Fun Fair and Awards Night–May 3rd.
Marie Chase (Retired missionary builder with CBM)
Mission Website: www.goCBM.org
Pray for Marie at the homegoing of her husband, Jim.
Obituary: James Chase, 87, Scottville.
James Thayer Chase, 87, of Scottville, passed away peacefully at his home February 24, 2017. Jim was born December 17, 1929 in Mt Pleasant to Edward and Gertrude Chase. He graduated from Ludington High School in 1947 and served in the US Air Force during the Korean War. He married Marie E Erickson of Ludington on June 9, 1956, and they have celebrated 60 years by each other’s side. They had two children, Susan Fitch and husband Keith of Parker, Colorado, and David Chase, who preceded Jim in death. Jim is also survived by three grandchildren: Laura Fitch Wyse and husband Jon of Engelwood, Colo., Matthew Fitch and wife Amanda of Grand Rapids, and Amy Fitch VanZyl and husband Joshua also of Grand Rapids; four great-grandchildren: Elizabeth Wyse, Alexander Wyse, Andrew Fitch and Benjamin Fitch; and many nieces and nephews. He was the youngest of eight children, all of whom preceded him in death: brothers Irah, Alden, Orson, Alvin, Richard, Robert and sister Lucy…..
Jim and Marie served with Continental Baptist Missions as missionary church builders, traveling around the US constructing buildings for very small congregations, and later making steeples, trim and church furniture in their wood shop in Scottville. Jim retired from full time building activity in 1999 but continued working in his shop helping many churches and ministries. …. His greatest passion was serving his Savior, Jesus Christ.
The complete obituary is posted on the missions board at church. Jim was the lead builder on our church building. He also directed the reroofing of the building a several years ago.
David and Kristi Flinck (Missionaries with GMSA in Antofagasta, Chile)
Blog Page: http://www.chilejournal2.blogspot.com/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: Flincks in Chile
Mission Website: GMSA–Gospel Mission of South America – gmsa.org/
Tuesday, February 28–From the Flincks in Chile
The Antofagasta Church Planting Team
*The Flinck family
*Pastor Andrés and his wife, Cecilia.
*also Mark and Bekah Perry, who are currently studying at language school in South Texas and plan to arrive in Jan 2018.
Please pray for us as we serve the Lord together with the desire to glorify His name while establishing a local church that proclaims God’s Word and trains its members to function as a body for the edification of others.
Throughout our last two months in Antofagasta before furlough, we have been taking Andrés and Cecilia on short “paseos” around Antofagasta every Monday.
Yesterday, we took them to Chacabuco (ex-salitrera) and Baquedano (old train station)
We have enjoyed our time with them and it has been very helpful to have two full months with them before we leave for furlough.
The goal is to have a smooth ministry transition and to help them get to know the area in a better way.
Andrés will be taking on more of the preaching/teaching load in March to allow me to observe, listen and give evaluation.
His sermon this past Sunday on Isaiah 55 was excellent. Pray for him as he weekly prepares to preach God’s Word.
While at Chacabuco, the Lord provided Andrés and I with an extended conversation with Walter, the caretaker, about the Gospel.
Pray the God will save Walter. He actually lives in Antofagasta five minutes from our house. He works 7 days in Chacabuco and then has 7 days off in Antofagasta.
We are praying for another opportunity to meet up with him in the near future.
We look forward to seeing you all on furlough this year.
There is so much to share about what God has done in the Antofagasta church planting ministry over the last four years!!
David and Kristi Flinck
Jordan (15), Ben (14), Kaylee (11) and Lukas (7)
Aries and Rachel (Naomi and James) Gonzales (missionaries to the Philippines with IBMA )
Mission Website: ibmasians.org/
(2/18/17) We thank God for the three believers who followed the Lord in water baptism.
Rory and Kristy (Austin and Davis) Moore (Missionaries to Togo with ABWE)
Mission Website: abwe.org
Facebook: Village of Light School for the Blind (and individually on Facebook)
-Language school continues to go well!
-The boys doing well at school and with jobs.
-Village of Light students are progressing.
-Increase in support!
-Times of refreshing with little outings.
March 4–Boys in Canada with them for spring break.
– Our French speaking abilities to increase.
– Support to reach 100%.
-Unsaved students at the VOL to come to Christ.
Thanks for praying! Rory and Kristy Moore
Dave and Ev Southwell Retired ABWE Global Missions Director for Latin America and the Caribbean
Facebook: ABWE and David Bryce Southwell
Mission Website: abwe.org
January 24, 2017
- Nothing out of the ordinary going on — Teaching Roots of Faith in Adult SS, leading a small group, working on new church constitution committee, and hopefully start a neighborhood Bible study up again in March. The only excuse we have for not doing that already is being gone so much last fall and our plans for February (see below).
- PLEASE pray for ABWE’s search for a new President. I (Dave) have been asked to serve on the search committee so that has involved a couple trips to Harrisburg, some document work, and teleconferences. Pray for wisdom for the committee and the board. Our chairman is asking us to pray that God will send us a Nehemiah.
- February 1 we are headed out of the North Land for about 5 weeks. Ev has wanted to do a cruise for some time so we are going on the Cedarville Friends for Life cruise with her sister and her husband, as well as several classmates from the 1970 graduating class. We will then head to Texas to visit friends and supporters, family (Evs sister and her husband and our son Dave and his family), and former colleagues from Portugal. I guess if you have to leave Gods beautiful northern Michigan you might as well do it for the month of February, although its been March weather for the last 10 days or so.
- And, drum roll: Yesterday I received a call from the doctors office letting me know that the hormone therapy has been very effective. My PSA went from 26.2 the end of October to 0.1 right now! Thank you all so much for your prayers for me in that regard. Please don’t cease! I’d love to be healed, but will take what the Lord gave me with much thanksgiving. Please continue to pray that the treatment would be effective for a LONG time.
Blessed beyond measure, Dave and Ev Southwell
Baptist Children’s Home (BCH) Website: www.baptistchildrenshome.org
MI Home Email: email@example.com
1. Please pray for Bill and Kathy as they are returning from traveling to Haiti and then to Myanmar.
“Our trip in Myanmar is going very well, both in the travel and in our health. This past week we spent four days visiting the leaders and care givers at our Agape Home in Myint Kyi Na. They have such a heart for ministry and are doing an super job. They are such good people whose love for the children shows in the joy that we could see in the children.” – Bill Brittain, President
2. We have had two new young ladies move into the Elkhart home recently. Please pray for them as they settle into the family and adjust to being away from their families. They just attended camp, and we are praying that they will make great friendships with teens from church. One of the girls is having a particularly difficult time adjusting at her new high school. Please pray for her during this time.
3. One of our houseparent couples (Beals) recently announced that Bekah is pregnant. Pray for good health for Bekah and the baby, and that they would adjust well during the pregnancy and infant stage.
4. Please pray for the families that we work with through Safe Families for Children. One family has been in our office daily for 2 weeks. Pray for them as they work to keep their marriage and family intact through this crisis.
5. Please pray for Musu and Jerry. They are two former children in care and are now college students. Please pray that they will seek the Lord now as adults, and that they will work diligently in their schoolwork.
6. We are accepting application for more Baptist Children’s Home Houseparents! If you or someone you know would make a great houseparent, we would love to hear from you.
Thank you for praying for us.
CEF of Upper MI, Inc., North Central Chapter
Cheryl and Jim Doan–989-506-2325 (cell); PO Box 477, Gwinn, MI 49841
1. Praise God for Good News Clubs at Kids R Us (on Sawyer), KI Sawyer Community Center, Harvey, Rock, Big Bay, Munising, Ishpeming, and Watersmeet!
2. Praise God for more church contacts in Ironwood, Watersmeet, and Grand Marais!
3. Praise God for growth in the ministry!
1. Please pray for Easter Clubs in April. Pray for GNC at Birchview in Ishpeming. Our Easter Club (and final club of the year) will be April 13th.
2. Please pray for teen and/or adult workers in Republic, Gwinn, and across the region. There are schools open!
3. Please pray for our 3rd Annual Teen Gathering near Munising on Good Friday and Saturday, April 14-15th! Information and flyers are on our website @ www.cefuppermi.com, and available under upcoming
Thank you for your prayers for the children!
For the great love of the children,
Cheryl and Jim Doan
Continental Baptist Missions (CBM) Bill Jenkin (Terri), President
Dear Praying Friends,
Greetings in our Lord! Thanks for the joy of being your missionaries. We rejoice as the Lord continues to bless. Thank you also for your sensitivity to Him as well as your responsiveness to us as you pray.
It’s been a busy few weeks—if you prayed for us—thanks.
Once again our CBM Board Meeting was a blessing and a time of edification as we met together to conduct the business of CBM. It was a day of accomplishment and delightful fellowship.
We were blessed with good meetings at Walnut Park Baptist Church in Muscatine, Iowa. All indications that our time on the campus of Faith Baptist BibleCollege & Seminary (FBBC&S) was a profitable time with students. Please pray for long term results.
Two retreats: a Men’s Advance & a Pastor’s Advance in Northern Minnesota were well attended and a blessing. Pastor Nathan Lobb works very hard in his desire to continue to use the family deer hunting camp for the glory of God as they minister to men (and women at other times). I went with the intention of being used of the Lord and there are evidences that happened. Yet I have to tell you that my heart was also ministered to in a mighty way. I rejoice!
While in the North Country, I was blessed to preach and share the ministries of CBM at Grace Baptist Church in Virginia, First Baptist Church in Hibbing and Lakeland Baptist Church in Gilbert, Minnesota.
I drove 700 miles through the night and appreciate the prayers of those who prayed. Thanks.
Back in Michigan . . . Souls saved and believers made decisions to walk more closely with the Lord . . .
At a Sportsman Dinner at Liberty Baptist Church in Reed City, Michigan a man in his 40’s eagerly made a decision to accept Christ as his Savior. Believers also made decisions.
At First Baptist Church in Allegan, Michigan, a lady in her 40’s came to Christ in response to the preaching of the Word. It was exciting for me and Terri to greet her after she’d been brought to Christ by one of the ladies. It was a grand celebration of the new birth she’d just experienced. Quite a few believers also made decisions; we rejoice in Him.
March 16 – I will hit the road early for a morning appointment in Cleveland and fellowship with CBM Missionaries Taylor and Dockery.
March 17 – Sportsman Dinner at First Baptist Church in Schenevus, New York.
March 17 & 18 – Meeting with Pastor, preaching and sharing the ministries of CBM at Christian Church of Rural Grove, Sprakers, New York. Both of these churches have a part in CBM missionary prayer and financial support.
March 19 – Preaching and sharing the ministries of CBM at Appalachian Bible College, Mt Hope, West Virginia.
March 24 & 25 – Preaching and sharing the ministries of CBM at the Men’s Retreat at Victory Ranch, Moreno Valley, California. Our theme is Men of Valor. http://www.vranch.org
March 24-29 – Vacation
April 2 – Preaching and sharing the ministries of CBM at Bible Baptist Church, Santa Monica, California.
April 9 – Preaching both the AM and PM services at First Baptist Church in Cedar Springs, Michigan.
Headlines from the Front Lines!
For several years CBM has brainstormed better ways of communicating news and needs to interested individuals. To this end we have introduced the CBM Broadcaster, a new digital publication. The Broadcaster will be sent out monthly, with brief news items from three or four CBM missionaries, enabling you to pray for specific needs. Each issue will also include a “Prayer Focus” section to help you pray in a general way for a segment of the CBM missionary family.
I am enthused about this new publication and would encourage you to sign up. By clicking on this link you will be taken to the Broadcaster archive where you can read past editions or subscribe. (Please note that subscribing is a two-step process. You will need to respond to the confirmation email sent to you in order to complete the process. As well, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or contacts list to ensure delivery.)
In His amazing grace,
Bill Jenkin III
Michigan Association of Regular Baptist Churches (MARBC) Ken Floyd (Sharon), Executive Director, State Representative
Ken Floyd’s Speaking and Ministry Schedule
March 9 EMARBC Core Values Seminar, First Baptist Church, Rochester, MI
March 10 Church reboot strategy meeting, South Baptist Church, Flint, MI
March 10-11 Church Ministries Conference, Calvary Baptist Church, Grand Rapids, MI
March 12 Herring Lake Baptist Church, Frankfort, MI
March 14 MARBC Council of 16 meeting
March 17-18 Strategic Planning Seminar, Lansing Avenue Baptist Church, Jackson, MI
March 19 Lansing Avenue Baptist Church, Jackson, MI
March 24-25 First Baptist Church, Niles, OH (couples retreat)
March 26 First Baptist Church, Niles, OH
April 2 South Baptist Church, Flint, MI
April 9 First Baptist Church, Allegan, MI
April 11 Grand Rapids Womens Missionary Union spring rally, Good News Baptist Church, Grand Rapids, MI
April 18 Interpas meeting, West Cannon Baptist Church, Belmont, MI
April 22 Closed Door Ministries board meeting, Jenison, MI
April 23 Cloverville Baptist Church, Fruitport, MI
April 29 MARBC Talents for Christ, Good News Baptist Church, Grand Rapids, MI
May 4-5 Clarks Summit University trustee board meetings
May 7 Shelby Road Baptist Church, Shelby, MI
We are extremely grateful for your prayer support as Ken and Sharon travel and minister.
Partnering with you and praying for you,
Ken and Sharon Floyd
WHWL(95.7) Gospel Opportunities, Inc.
Facebook: Gospel Opportunities Radio Network
Andy (Beth)Larsen, Station Manager
We are thankful for our faithful prayer and financial supporters.
We are thankful that the translator in Newberry has a new home, but there is still more work to do in the spring.
Please pray for the on-air computer which is now 11 years old. The production and backup computers are 9 and 13 years old. We are looking at how best to replace at least one of these computers in the next year or two.
Thank you for praying,
Andy Larsen, Station Manager