Our Church Family Missionary Prayer Requests
July 12, 2017
Our AWANA program.
[Prayer support: Awana missionaries for our area (replacing the Brittons): appointees, Scott and Leah Conner and four children. They have 25% of their needed support. They are hoping to become missionaries in January.]
Marie Chase (Retired missionary builder with CBM)
Mission Website: www.goCBM.org
Continue to pray for Marie at the homegoing of her husband, Jim, in February. Pray as she goes through paperwork and adjusts to life without Jim.
David and Kristi Flinck (Missionaries with GMSA in Antofagasta, Chile)
Blog Page: http://www.chilejournal2.blogspot.com/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: Flincks in Chile
Mission Website: GMSA–Gospel Mission of South America – gmsa.org/
Pray for our upcoming summer ministry opportunities:
July 10 – 14 – David will have four time slots to teach on missions in Chile at a Jr. High Camp in Chetek, WI (Kaylee attending as a camper)
Prayer Request: Each night this week, I have the privilege and thrill of looking into 262 campers’ eyes and tell them that…
- God is worth serving with your life!
2. The fields are white and ready around the world!
3. Don’t waste your life!
4. Go, Obey, Trust, and Attempt great things for God!
5. It’s the best way to “spend” your life!
July 17 – 21 – David will have four time slots to teach on missions in Chile at a Teen Camp in Chetek, WI (Jordan and Ben attending as campers)
July 25 – 27 – David speaking at a Soccer Fest in Brooklyn Park, MN
*Pray for strength during these weeks of summer ministry.
*Pray that will call out the next generation of foreign missionaries from these weeks of summer camp (Matthew 9:37-38
Aries and Rachel (Naomi and James) Gonzales (missionaries to the Philippines with IBMA )
Mission Website: ibmasians.org/
July 5th–What an opportunity to minister to the drug surrenderers during their basketball tournament as part of their rehabilitation program hosted by our city government and Philippine National Police.
Rory and Kristy (Austin and Davis) Moore (Missionaries to Togo with ABWE)
Mission Website: abwe.org
Facebook: Village of Light School for the Blind (and individually on Facebook)
In just two weeks 4 days, I (Rory is done!) finish my French language studies in Sherbrooke, Canada and we head home to see family and friends! Lord willing, we fly out the beginning of September for Togo! How can you pray for us? Some major exams coming up in a couple weeks, traveling on the 28th to the States, our container is being shipped next Monday (Lord willing), visas and vaccines to get, and all our goodbyes that are never easy. (This time to our boys too. : Lots of roller coaster emotions for all of us. God is always faithful however; we are trusting Him for each and every moment. Thank you for praying!
Thanks for praying! Rory and Kristy Moore
Dave and Ev Southwell Retired ABWE Global Missions Director for Latin America and the Caribbean
Facebook: ABWE and David Bryce Southwell
Mission Website: abwe.org
Wednesday, July 12
- Once again I enjoyed teaching Roots of Faith NT in Harrisburg to 25 students. We are also now nearly 80% done with Roots NT in adult SS at our church. Leading our growth group has been a blessing also. We are studying an interesting book called Plan B by Pete Wilson.
- We have not yet restarted our neighborhood Bible study. Most of my neighbors are around in the summer months but they have family and activities, we are gone more often than planned, and our present teaching/church responsibilities tend to fill up our time – beyond that I can’t think of any other excuses. We still have a desire to figure out when and how to accomplish that though.
- Please keep our ABWE presidential search in your prayers. We have another meeting scheduled next week.
- July 17-20 we will be at ABWE’s missionary enrichment conference. For 23 years we were an integral part of that conference, but this is our first one since retirement so it will be good to renew old friendships with missionaries from around the world.
- We had a great 4th of July celebration with Randy, Christy, and Rebecca’s families here at our place. We missed Dave’s family but hopefully we can all get together for next year. At least “Grandma and Grandpa” are pushing for that to happen!! The kids are all growing up fast and scattering fast with their own lives.
- I get a blood test this Friday to check my PSA but my doctor’s appointment is not until July 31. Please pray with us for there to be no increase! I’d like to say I never worry about it, but as time draws near to checking the status of the cancer I tend to get a little anxious! In my mind I know the next life is going to be better – to die is gain, remember. Admittedly I enjoy life here, but I don’t want to be guilty of clinging too tightly to the “here-and-now.”
Dave and Ev Southwell
Baptist Children’s Home (BCH) Website: www.baptistchildrenshome.org
MI Home Email: email@example.com
We are accepting application for more Baptist Children’s Home Houseparents! If you or someone you know would make a great houseparent, we would love to hear from you.
Thank you for praying for us.
CEF of Upper MI, Inc., North Central Chapter
Cheryl and Jim Doan–989-506-2325 (cell); PO Box 477, Gwinn, MI 49841
Please pray for three clubs at Sawyer this week. Then, driving with a teen to Milwaukee for a two week outreach, July 17-29: Good News Across America.
Thank you for your prayers for the children!
For the great love of the children,
Cheryl and Jim Doan
Please pray for former CEF Director Allan Borrett (in MT)–gall bladder surgery
Continental Baptist Missions (CBM) Bill Jenkin (Terri), President
This week is CBM Family Conference in Ankeny, IA, on the campus of FBBC&S. The celebration of 75 years of ministry will be Thursday, July 13th.
I am enthused about our new publication and would encourage you to sign up. By clicking on this link you will be taken to the Broadcaster archive where you can read past editions or subscribe. (Please note that subscribing is a two-step process. You will need to respond to the confirmation email sent to you in order to complete the process. As well, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or contacts list to ensure delivery.)
Bill Jenkin III
Michigan Association of Regular Baptist Churches (MARBC) Ken Floyd (Sharon), Executive Director, State Representative
Ken Floyd’s Speaking and Ministry Schedule
We are extremely grateful for your prayer support as Ken and Sharon travel and minister.
July 16– Orangeville Baptist Church, Plainwell, MI
August 13– Grace Baptist Church, Canton, OH
Partnering with you and praying for you, Ken and Sharon Floyd
WHWL(95.7) Gospel Opportunities, Inc.
Facebook: Gospel Opportunities Radio Network
Andy (Beth)Larsen, Station Manager
Thanks for your faithful prayers for WHWL!
Several prayer requests and praises:
We thank God for the successful installation of a propane tank at Trout Lake during our spring visit. This allows us to use the existing propane generator in the building for emergency power, giving us more stability at Trout Lake, Mackinaw City and Sault Ste. Marie.
Please pray for successful completion of work in Newberry. We need two days over the summer and fall to finish swapping out our antennas at the new site. We have been using temporary antennas since we made the move last December.
We also plan to replace our pickup antenna at Victoria. We believe the installation of a highly directional antenna pointed back at Marquette will help eliminate some interference that affects listeners to Victoria, Bergland and Ironwood. Because our antenna is pointed at our low-power Covington site, we sometimes get severe interference from a full-power Manistique station on the same frequency. This interference is passed down the line to each translator.
Please pray for safety as we complete both of these tower projects, as well as for stable finances over the summer months.
Andy Larsen, Station Manager